Passionate about Furniture Design.
Aimee Kurzner is currently the Director of Furniture at Currey & Company. She is a trained furniture designer, a furniture maker and the creative force behind the newly revitalized Furniture Program at Currey & Company. In her three years with Currey, her intent to put the company on the map for furniture has resulted in over 170 new furniture and accessory products, and an increase in interest and sales. Her products for Currey have won multiple design awards, as well as recognition in an array of design publications including two top ten features in ELLE DÉCOR, and features in Traditional Home, Southern Home, Better Homes and Gardens, Gray Magazine and Home Accents Today. She is fast becoming an acclaimed talent in the home furnishings industry.
Her ability to design within the parameters and aesthetic of a company are evident in her eleven-year history of designing products for a variety of home furnishings companies and manufacturers that include bespoke, mass retail and high-end design trade markets. Though her personal style is minimal and crafted, her design focus is concentrated on what the consumer will love with a hint of her personal style.
Her refined eye allows her to add those finishing touches that wow: from treatments like lacquered linen and wood veneers that add texture and beauty to surfaces to finely conceived drawer pulls that are sculptural in their presentation or made from a sophisticated mix of materials that are intermingled in artful ways. She thinks outside the box but never to an extreme, her handling of scale a proportion bringing surprising design notes to her pieces that add personality and elegance to their lines. This attention to detail, function and styling of each product is both extraordinary and valuable.
She draws inspiration from jewelry, nature, fashion, architecture and antiques, many of these found as she travels across the world working directly with the factories to make sure each piece is perfect from start to finish. As she does so, she is consistently taking into consideration materials, manufacturing, cost and salability. She is honored to work for a company she says “offers her limitless creative freedom. They let all of the design team take risks and we are thankful for that.”
“My intent is to design distinctive products that people are drawn to, pieces everyone simply wants to approach and touch. The expression, smile and delight that someone has once they find a piece they love inspires me.” – Aimee
- 29th ARTS Award Nomination - Product Designer
- 2017 ADEX Platinum Award Winner
- 2017 ADEX Gold Award Winner
- 2017 ADEX Silver Award Winner
- 2017 ASFD Pinnacle Finalist_Accessories - Karlson Screen
- 2017 ASFD Pinnacle Finalist_Bedroom - Arden Vanity & Mirror
- 2016 ASFD Pinnacle Award Winner_Accessories - Clara Screen
- 2016 ASFD Pinnacle Award Winner_Occasional Storage - Zhin Cabinet
- 2016 ASFD Pinnacle Finalist_Entertainment - Holden Credenza
- 2010 San Diego County Fair Design in Wood Competitive Exhibit - Modern Shaker Boxes
- 2006 IWF Design Emphasis Student Furniture Design Finalist
- 2017 Board of Directors of the American Society of Furniture Designers
- WithIt, Women’s Leadership Development Network, 2017
- ASFD, American Society of Furniture Designers Member, 2006, 2016, 2017